Cheese Balls/KaasbalViews : 966
Submitted by : Antillean Eats
Submit Date : October 8, 2017, 2:11 am
Original Author :none
Cheese balls are appetizer balls made using Jong Dutch cheese or best known as Gouda Cheese in the USA. This is a popular item served at parties or get together on the islands of Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire. These are simple to make and are very delicious. Enjoy !
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 lb of dutch or gouda cheese. Matured (belegen) is prefered.
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- Shred the cheese using a shredder or food processor
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the baking powder until it foams up
- Add the chredded cheese to the mix and keep mixing the content
- Add the pepper and keep mixing the content
- Now slowly add the flour until the content have the consistancy to be able to make balls.
- With some flour on your hands, make balls out of the content in the bowl .
- Do not make them too large. 1.5 to 2 inch in diameter would be perfect
- Heat up frying oil and let them fry. Move them around in the pan so it can cook even all around
- When the balls gets a gold brown color, you can take them out and put them on paper towel so the oil can drain out
- Let them cool of and they are ready to serve by hand or using tooth pick