Pineapple Upside Down Cake / Bolo di AnasaViews : 887
Submitted by : Antillean Eats
Submit Date : October 13, 2017, 1:44 am
This Upside down Pinneapple cake is one of the many version of Pinneapple Cake recipe made on the islands of Curacap, Aruba, and Bonaire. It is s tasty cake and surprisingly easy to make. Enjoy !
- 7 tablespoon of butter
- 8 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 can of pineapple slices with juices (20 Oz)
- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of almond essence
- 1.5 cups of self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1.5 cups of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F degrees.
- Melt the butter on low heat in a pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the bottom of a round baking pan (10 to 12 inches)
- Sprinkle 8 tablespoon of brown sugar on it.
- Divide the pineapples over the sugar layer and place the half cherries in the middle of the slices.
- In a mixer bowl add the eggs with the 1.5 cups of sugar and turn of the mixer on medium speed.
- Melt the butter, add it and keep mixing
- Add the Flower, baking powder, almond essence and salt in a bowl and keep mixing
- Add to the eggs and keep mixing until you get a uniform batter.
- If the batter needs some liquid, add some of the pinneapple jiuce from the can
- Pour the batter carefully over the pineapple slices in the baking pan and put it in a preheated oven.
- You can bake the cake for 45 minutes
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and cut the edges with a table knife.
- Turn the cake over and remove the baking pan